Sunday 21 July 2013

W.I.P 1 - RG Rx-78-2

 - W.I.P 1 (Update)-

RG Rx-78-2


As usual, the RG gundams have amazing boxart

This will be my second attempt at painting a model kit.
Just two days ago, I finished completely painting the Rx-78-2. Some of the colors didn't turn out as well as I had hoped they would, but meh... doesn't look too bad.

 Paint

I found that the Vallejo Air paints didn't spray as well as I would have liked them to. Maybe just need some more practice with them. On the other hand, the Tamiya Acrylic paints sprayed on like magic.

The paints are:
Tamiya Acrylics - J.A Grey, Titanium Gold, Gun Metal, Medium Grey, Flat White, Black
Vallejo Air - Blue, Scarlet Red & Yellow

 
The blue turned out darker than I thought it would turn out and unfortunately, the gold wasn't as pronounced as i was hoping it would be. But as I said, meh. I've always got a lesson to work on for the next kit.
Another thing i need to work on is mixing up the right colors in their respective ratio. I just find that the light grey was too pronounced and that the contrast between the white and grey wasn't as subtle as I thought it would turn out.

Weapons


The shield turned out okay, just wish lighter red turned out less like purple and more like red





 I'm actually pretty pleased with how the beam rifle and the hyper bazooka turned out


Added a little bit of variation on the beam saber handle. Inspired by the MG 3.0

                     Core Fighter



 The painted core fighter.
At the start I wasn't really a fan but it's kinda growing on me

                        Next Step


Allow me to walk you to the next step

Next thing to do is topcoat it with a layer of gloss coat....

 panel line....

and put on the decals.
Well actually, i'm going to use the water slide decals but they haven't arrived yet

If your a member on the new hobbylinktv site, click on the link to see my profile. 
Always room for more friends!
Any questions? Leave a comment if you have one or just wanna say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment